GS1000G 80-81 better manual requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000G 80-81 better manual requested

The available GS1000G 80-81 factory service manual that is presently available in PDF form (about 25 meg) is a very poor copy and some of the pictures are just about impossible to see.

Does anyone have an original factory service manual they are prepared to scan so that we can have a better copy of higher resolution available to the forum members?

I myself will really appreciate it, as I am sure many others will as well.

Thanks!

I second that emotion...
    Current Bikes:
    2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

What pages are you guys in need of?
      I can take a picture, clean it up and post it in Photobucket and then here if that helps.

daniel

Comment

Heck, I haven't even found the 1000G manual. Is it on Cliff's site? I'm using the 850G and 1100G manuals. I do have the 1000G parts book.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

On Cliffs site it is the GS1000E/S/C/G Service manual 28MB.

We are hoping for a complete new scan of the original service manual at a higher resolution.

I have quite a lot of faith in the GSM members and have high hopes that someone will be able to do this for us.

Comment

Andre,

Cliff has a 1980 GS1000 Supplement manual that's 100k and pretty high resolution. Have you checked that one out? Most of the important info is in there.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              Andre,

Cliff has a 1980 GS1000 Supplement manual that's 100k and pretty high resolution. Have you checked that one out? Most of the important info is in there.

Ed, thanks, but I am not looking for any specific information.

I am just on a quest to try and get the present PDF copy of the Service Manual (GS1000E/S/C/G 1980 Service manual, 28MB) to a better quality than what is presently available.

Cliffs one is only for the GS1000T and does not cover the G and the drive shaft part and is of an acceptable quality.

Even if anyone only has part of the manual to scan I will gladly put it all together to get it up to the same high quality than the GS850 or the GS1000T Supplement on Cliffs page.

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

I guess that I could ship one of my complete GS1000G manuals with all of the supplements to Basscliff and have him add it to his collection.
                Would that help?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                  I guess that I could ship one of my complete GS1000G manuals with all of the supplements to Basscliff and have him add it to his collection.
                  Would that help?

Daniel
                  Daniel,
                  That would be perfect. I think Cliff will be able to scan them, although I have not asked him yet.
                  This will be fantastic and the forum collection will be so much better!
                  Yay, I knew someone on the forum will be able to help with this!

Thanks!

Comment

that'll be a fun job to scan an entire workshop manual without destroying it's binding... let alone time involved

Comment

Originally posted by sparki View Post
                      that'll be a fun job to scan an entire workshop manual without destroying it's binding... let alone time involved
                      3-ring binder. Each page can come out.
                      E-mail sent to Cliff.

Daniel

Comment

Matchless, meanwhile, what pages do you need?

Daniel

Comment

E-mail sent to Cliff.

Daniel
                          that'll make life easier

Comment

To whomever steps up to scan one: please cram it through an OCR so it's searchable, or at least make sure the pdf is indexed. If I had a copy, I'd do it.
                            Dogma
                            --
                            O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                            '80 GS850 GLT
                            '80 GS1000 GT
                            '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Hi,

E-mail sent to Cliff.

Daniel
                              Email replied to.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                              X