GS1000G 80-81 better manual requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Matchless, meanwhile, what pages do you need?

Daniel
    Daniell,
    Thanks a million! No I do not need any specific pages, just wanting to get a better copy for all of us. A couple of years ago I also tried and then reverted to using the better GS850 copy and the low resolution GS1000 together to get clarity. So if Cliff will do this and put in his library we can all gain from it.
    Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      To whomever steps up to scan one: please cram it through an OCR so it's searchable, or at least make sure the pdf is indexed. If I had a copy, I'd do it.
      Dogma,
      We may need some guidance on this once Cliff has it
      Thanks

Comment

Oh, I must have glossed over that. If it's going to Cliff, it's in good hands.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Ut oh!
          I can't find the 1000G manual!
          I found the 850G, (2) 1000 and the 1100G one's only. (Factory)
          I did find the '79-84 Clymer manual:

Will any of these help? I'll keep digging...

Daniel

Comment

HTML Code:
            Daniel, thanks for trying.

I hope someone else that has the original OEM Factory Manual will see this and be prepared to scan it.
            Repeat of the earlier request:

I am back on my quest to find a higher definition pdf copy of the GS1000 Factory Service manual that is presently available on BassCliff's site

On BassCliff's site he has the 1980-81 GS1000E/S/C/G Service manual 28MB that needs to be upgraded due to the pictures not being too clear.

I am hoping that a forum member who has an original copy will be able to scan a completely new PDF copy at a higher resolution so that the pictures are much clearer.

I have quite a lot of faith in the GSM members and have high hopes that someone will be able to do this for us.

Comment

Just bumping this thread in case someone can help!

Comment

Andre,

Daniel sent me a couple of manuals. I'm hoping to find the time and use one of the big copiers at work to make PDF files. Then I may have to enlist someone's help to index the PDF files. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                  Andre,

Daniel sent me a couple of manuals. I'm hoping to find the time and use one of the big copiers at work to make PDF files. Then I may have to enlist someone's help to index the PDF files. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

BassCliff
                  Could that be a group effort? Do you need spendy Adobe software to pitch in?
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Hi,

I have Adobe Acrobat. I'm just not that well-versed in how to use it to index the sections and chapters, and make the text searchable. I'll figure it out. In the past another GSR member had indexed a couple of manuals, but I forget who it was.

BassCliff

Comment

Cliff,
                      Thanks a lot! I was not aware that Daniel had located the copies (Thanks Daniel!). Unfortunately I have only done it before in Word. I am sure someone will be able to help with it in PDF.
                      Thanks a million for "volunteering" to do this! Take your time as there is no urgency on this one.
                      Keep well.

Comment

Working...
                      X