No announcement yet.

cant get it up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bike has a remote center stand actuator...

"Hey Josh, go put the GS on it's center stand..."

"Ok, Dad... It's on the stand"

"Thanks Josh"

It was an easy install, but took 19 years to program...

Comment

Comment

thanks for all the advice. everything is stock on it. It fell away from me the other day and was caught half-way down by a flammable storage locker. That left a little yellow paint on my tach and the right mirror cracked. I was messing around with different handlebar positions while yanking back. Ill give it another shot using all the advice yoyu all gave me. thanks.

Comment

Space feet apart ,hard sole sturdy shoe/boots,bend knees some,tighten abs/back muscles somewhat(no tremors/cramping),take deep breath,exhale while lifting/pullback fluid motion,make sure c/stand foot stays firmly on it.Little back,more leg spring,wear good glove(s) esp on frame/body lift points.Good Luck..Heave Ho.up ,up and away! Coming off stand.another story.Get it up like you say..and keep it up

Comment

SqDancerLynn1's suggestion about using a piece of 2x4 is good, but I've found that even a bit of 1/2" plywood under the rear wheel is enough to drastically change the ease of lift-off.

Comment

You should not need to yank. It is a smooth rolling motion to the back. A yank would be very difficult to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                You should not need to yank. It is a smooth rolling motion to the back. A yank would be very difficult to accomplish.
                All around the world people complain about yanks being difficult.

Getting the centrestand square to the ground...both feet touching...is vitally important, before you put your foot on the stand..

Someone mentioned having the bars turned fully left, and that seems counter-productive. I hold the left grip, but that is only to ensure the bike stays upright, and all the work is done with the legs and right arm.

Getting the bike down on both wheels can be embarrassing sometimes.
                I have to sit on it and rock it back and forth....several times....to get the momentum needed to roll it over and onto the ground. I don't weigh enough to do it any other way.
                Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

You sound like me. I always use the side-stand, because I can't ever put it on it's center-stand; even for maintenance. I knew there was some sort of trick to it. lol

Comment

It's all in the placement and pressure of the right foot on the center stand. My Dad had his '78 XS750E before I bought mine many years later, and it took the both of us to put her on the center stand. Yes, it was a heavy bike, but, we were doing it wrong. The 750 had a ball at the end of the center stand. Pressure on that ball alone with a smooth pull on the left handlebar, and the left grab rail will get the bike up every time! It does not matter what bike it is, it's the same! I've tried all the momentum tricks as far as rolling the bike, and that can be dangerous! As a previous member mentioned, it feels like the bike wants to go right, and it will! "Right" onto it's right side! Thankfully I had crash bars!

Anyways, I went out and applied my trick to my buddies XS11, and it worked flawless!

Step One: Face the left side of the bike.
                    Step Two: Left hand on the left handlebar.
                    Step Three: Right hand on the right grab rail, or under the seat where it would be.
                    Step Four: Left foot firmly planted pointing same way you are facing.
                    Step Five: Right foot toes on the end of the center stand ball or whatever your bike provides.
                    Step Six: Pull backwards with the right hand, at the same time pulling with the left hand and steadying the bike.
                    Step Seven: Thank God the center stand held and did not bring you down with the bike!

Comment

Working...
                    X