No announcement yet.

Cable Lube Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly... the needle application stuff is worth it. Just by the fact that it's so easy it means your cable probably get lubed 3x as much as normal. You don't have to loosen the cable, remove from the lever or anything. Stick the needle down beside the cable, squeeze & pull it out.

Harley's version:

Another one:

The Inox one I have:

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      Honestly... the needle application stuff is worth it. Just by the fact that it's so easy it means your cable probably get lubed 3x as much as normal. You don't have to loosen the cable, remove from the lever or anything. Stick the needle down beside the cable, squeeze & pull it out.

Harley's version:

Another one:

The Inox one I have:

Haha Harley Lube!
      I wonder if they'll reject your warranty if you choose another brand of lube!

Comment

I thought Harley lube was the stuff the Harley salesman use on paying customers.

Actually the first tube with the needle is the same container I use but mine says Glock

Comment

I've gone back to this. I use a VW turn signal plug protector for the funnel though. I have had those little lube thingys, but they kind of squirted all about too much.

Might try the syringe some time.

Speedo and tach, I like to slide the inner out and put motor oil on it and slide it back in.

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
          For clutch cable, I disconnect the cable at the clutch lever so it sticks straight up, then I make a little funnel out of tape, then use oil, most any type will do, you can be as particular as you want, and pour it in the funnel and allow it to work it's way down the cable. Any lube is better than none.
          For Speedometer and Tach, I pull the cable out and use powdered graphite from a tube and try to get as much even coverage on the cable
          and put some inside the sleeve.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
          X