Swing arm stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing arm stand

wondering what brands everyone using for rear swingarm stand when doing work on their bikes have 1150 no spools Thanks.

I have an old Lockhart I've been using for close to 20 years. It can be adjusted for width though the narrowest spacing is still almost too wide. I use a little padding on the sides where the swingarm rest to keep it centered on the arm. Mine's like this one.

Comment

Pit bull are well thought of. I have a T Rex from memory, also good. The harbour freight one I had collapsed one day and the bike fell off it... Get a good one!
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        Pit bull are well thought of. I have a T Rex from memory, also good. The harbour freight one I had collapsed one day and the bike fell off it... Get a good one!
        Love my T-Rex. Tough as nails. Well built. Can use with spools or without. I like the front steering stem stand even more. Life is not as easy without a center stand when on a trip, but it's not that much worse. A bottle jack kept in the "cavernous pit" the ZRX has under its seat (seriously, more bikes need that much storage space under the seat. I can fit a bottle jack, a can of chain lube, and WD40 and my rain gear in that compartment. Wonderful idea.) makes not having a center stand not quite so bad. I pulled the one off my 1100ES, a nessecary evil with an underbelly exhaust, and it was after that I realized how darn usefull they are.

Comment

Eagle Mike sells a "trail jack". My bike has Center stand but i'd be looking at something similar if they didn't.

Basically uses the side stand on one side and the extendable arm on the other...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

After loads of research, I ended up with a Steel Horse adjustable stand:

The Webbikeworld.com review:

Very strong and safe, impeccable quality, and IMHO the way the brackets are attached beats everyone else's design hands-down, including T-Rex and Pit Bull.

Now only $99, too.

I use my $25 Harbor Freight stand for my KLR650, but never on anything heavier.
            1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
            2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
            2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
            Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
            X