Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gasket problems

gasket problems
    i got a gasket kit off ebay nice gaskets, but was listed as all these models e.t.ed.es..... well my 1983 750e is listed and they do not fit!
    anyone need clutch, mag,ign,oil pan gaskets for anything other than the 83'750ed model?or swap them?? for ones that will?

be careful when getting on line kits, it was listed even said on package for my model but isnt, so i now have 4 gaskets i need to buy that are around 9.00 each! after paying 100 for a damn kit!

1st time out of a lot of bikes this has happened

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
    gasket problems
    i got a gasket kit off ebay nice gaskets, but was listed as all these models e.t.ed.es..... well my 1983 750e is listed and they do not fit!
    anyone need clutch, mag,ign,oil pan gaskets for anything other than the 83'750ed model?or swap them?? for ones that will?

be careful when getting on line kits, it was listed even said on package for my model but isnt, so i now have 4 gaskets i need to buy that are around 9.00 each! after paying 100 for a damn kit!

1st time out of a lot of bikes this has happened
    Contact the seller before you give up anything. It's been my experience that a seller would do almost anything to keep from getting a "bad" feedback. Hopefully you haven't done that yet. In most cases I get refunded without having to give back the items, in one case I had to send the item back. Anyway, I have ended up getting alot of parts for free , if I could only use them .
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

True. I received the wrong year side cover for a Honda and they told me to keep it and refunded the money 100%.

Daniel

Comment

thanks guys for replys, just a lil peeved
        i paid 100 bucks for the kit,
        i have a solid head gasket so i didnt need the one from the kit, basically i think i could have went oem cheaper

Comment

Hi,

It seems that Athena and Vesrah gasket kits don't have a very good reputation around here.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

ok the kit was for a 1980-82 750 a bunch of models,i have ignition, head, oil pan,clutch,and generator covers that i dont need , if anyones interested, good quality gaskets, can send pics if wanted, 30 shipped? anyone?
            will now move this to for sale area

Comment

Working...
            X