X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KiwiGS View Post
    SYNTHETIC OIL..............
    LOL alot!

Synthetic oil can reduce the electrical resistance of anything it touches to zero causing instant meltdown and fusing together of all electronic components and cabling in a motorcycle wiring loom.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      Funny. Each of these sited "myths" is actually true, or at least true to the point that only a laboratory could measure the differences.
      Wrong Mr. lubrication impaired.

Daniel

Comment

Funny. Each of these sited "myths" is actually true, or at least true to the point that only a laboratory could measure the differences.
        Very true ... Good Friend runs a oil lab ... You would be shocked at the info we has come up with ... Things like we test all sorts of oil ...Did you know Mobil 1 oil is never the same make up each year we test it ... ?

Synthetic oils a scam....... Did I say that ....

Its all about the CAFE law and other "gas mileage laws" look it up ... I bet no one here has ever herd of the CAFE Law ... No one ever does ...

I could go on for hours how the CAFE law governs all things about a modern vehicle...Big lies in the oil and vehicle world ...Its all about MPG ..Smog .. And BIG profits ...

Don't forget vehicle makers are not your friend ...A 70 Chev truck is a mistake in the vehicle makers point of view .........Why .......?

Its still here and running 30 plus years later ..The vehicle makers are not going to have that happen again they dont make any money when vehicles last and people dont buy new ones ...

Flame away....And keep drinking the synthetic oil kool-ad scam.... Or put Dino oil in change it when you should ..And put the money saved in your kids collage fund or the wife a nice night out for dinner ...

Theirs no "need" for the snake oil...

(Now dont forget I'm a mechanic that was entrenched in the racing/fab world with 30 plus year doing it with a engineering degree to boot...Not a plumber or IT guy buying the BS there trying to sell us ...Not putting down plumbers or IT people OR anyone at all .. Dad was a plumber and I wish my IT skills were better... I will NOT warranty my gear work and gear box work if its had snake oil in it ....)

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
          Creamy Soy?

That's a new one
          Yeah man! Totally health minded Yanno? No trans-fat!

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post

Daniel
            So if we built an "octagon" (can we use that or is it trademarked by the UFC??) and took bets, but with all the proceeds going to Frank and the GSR fund, would you guys totally rumble in it over this for our entertainment?

Comment

Could wear out your drain plug threads, but that's about it.
              Really? Not arguing myself, as personally I think that it's a bunch of hokum, but there's a pretty good argument raging about it...

Comment

Daniel
                Hey Daniel,

I double dog dare you to go to the Bob is the Oil Guy forum and post a new thread telling everyone there about your Myths. You'll get your a$$ handed to you though so consider this your warning.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by haztoys View Post
                  Very true ... Good Friend runs a oil lab ... You would be shocked at the info we has come up with ... Things like we test all sorts of oil ...Did you know Mobil 1 oil is never the same make up each year we test it ... ?

Synthetic oils a scam....... Did I say that ....

Its all about the CAFE law and other "gas mileage laws" look it up ... I bet no one here has ever herd of the CAFE Law ... No one ever does ...

I could go on for hours how the CAFE law governs all things about a modern vehicle...Big lies in the oil and vehicle world ...Its all about MPG ..Smog .. And BIG profits ...

Don't forget vehicle makers are not your friend ...A 70 Chev truck is a mistake in the vehicle makers point of view .........Why .......?

Its still here and running 30 plus years later ..The vehicle makers are not going to have that happen again they dont make any money when vehicles last and people dont buy new ones ...

Flame away....And keep drinking the synthetic oil kool-ad scam.... Or put Dino oil in change it when you should ..And put the money saved in your kids collage fund or the wife a nice night out for dinner ...

Theirs no "need" for the snake oil...

(Now dont forget I'm a mechanic that was entrenched in the racing/fab world with 30 plus year doing it with a engineering degree to boot...Not a plumber or IT guy buying the BS there trying to sell us ...Not putting down plumbers or IT people OR anyone at all .. Dad was a plumber and I wish my IT skills were better... I will NOT warranty my gear work and gear box work if its had snake oil in it ....)
                  I use only the best Snake Oil, notice the alcohol content....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey Daniel,

I double dog dare you to go to the Bob is the Oil Guy forum and post a new thread telling everyone there about your Myths. You'll get your a$$ handed to you though so consider this your warning.
                    Ed have I ever told you I love you? In a completely non homosexual way. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

The double dog dare!! The gauntlet has been thrown down Daniel. If Ed were Homer Simpson he'd have slapped you with a white kid leather glove and hollered "Duel!" in your face!

You're my hero Ed. No joke.

Comment

I personally, would take the valued knowledge of someone that bought a '77 GS750 off the dock in '76 and has over 500,000 miles under his belt riding bikes
                      (Most of them Suzuki's) for more than 40 years... GSExpress.
                      Or, someone that has owned these GS's for over 32 years and put over 200,000 miles on them and was working at the Mobil Oil World Headquarters
                      (Fairfax Virginia) in the Mid '80's and talked with the chemical engineers making Mobil 1... 7981GS
                      Over someone who flips these bikes like burgers and has yet to put 5,000 miles on one in a year thus any oil would sufic for him... Pessimism.

Just sayin'

Carry on...

Daniel

Comment

Apparenty snake oil is a corruption of Seneca Oil what was once spewed forth from wells in pennsylvania.

Comment

Hey, 32 years and 200K of riding doesn't mean you have that much worth of experience...it means you have one year of experience and 31 of repeating the same mistakes....

What you might think you know from whenever it was you learned it isn't the be all end all of the subject.... The world and everything in it is constantly evolving and changing. What you knew to be true back then isn't necessarily true now.

Do GP bikes run full synthetic oils if it makes more HP and is slicker and sinks heat better???

The amount of miles someone has ridden and the amount of bikes someone has owned doesn't mean much to me. I may not agree exactly with Eds philosophy on restoration, but either way it goes I KNOW his machines are flawless....

Comment

What I don't get is why anyone could possibly give a rat's ass about what oil someone else uses in their motorcycle.
                            Y'all can use pear juice and kumquat mush for all I care.
                            And I bet the GS would run just fine anyway, unless it's one of those cheap plain bearing motors.
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I personally, would take the valued knowledge of someone that bought a '77 GS750 off the dock in '76 and has over 500,000 miles under his belt riding bikes
                              (Most of them Suzuki's) for more than 40 years... GSExpress.
                              Or, someone that has owned these GS's for over 32 years and put over 200,000 miles on them and was working at the Mobil Oil World Headquarters
                              (Fairfax Virginia) in the Mid '80's and talked with the chemical engineers making Mobil 1... 7981GS
                              Over someone who flips these bikes like burgers and has yet to put 5,000 miles on one in a year thus any oil would sufic for him... Pessimism.

Just sayin'

Carry on...

Daniel

Synthetic oil is not slicker than Dino oil.
                              Synthetic oil doesn't cool an engine better than Dino oil.
                              Synthetic oil doesn't make more horsepower than Dino oil.

Where is the evidence in support of your OPINION?

Last edited by Nessism; 03-05-2012, 09:22 AM.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                                What I don't get is why anyone could possibly give a rat's ass about what oil someone else uses in their motorcycle.
                                Y'all can use pear juice and kumquat mush for all I care.
                                And I bet the GS would run just fine anyway, unless it's one of those cheap plain bearing motors.
                                Exactly!!!

Here's another, not axactly a myth, but one of those old used car salesman tricks, got an old ford with an auto tranny, c6 etc, if its slipping almost to the point of not moving, dump a bottle of brake fluid in there, after a little while, will shift like new......till it totaly craps out for good in a few months!

Comment

Working...
                                X