speedo hub interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo hub interchange

Wondering who can tell me witch speedo hubs interchange with 85 700 e . Put in new rear wheel and sprocket carrier bearings along with new chain and sprockets yesterday went for my first ride in the last few months . All good but right at the end my speedo quit working cable is not broken . Pulled the cluster end and cable does not turn when you spin the front tire . pulled the hub and its hard to turn and feels rough pretty sure its junk . So just wanting to find out if its a fairly gs universal part . Thank you 70 GT

Since you've pulled speedo drive unit off..... does it have circlip to hold it together? If so, why not open it up and clean , lube it- maybe your cable broke just inside it. I thought these were standard ratio units, like 224/60 ????
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
      Since you've pulled speedo drive unit off..... does it have circlip to hold it together? If so, why not open it up and clean , lube it- maybe your cable broke just inside it. I thought these were standard ratio units, like 224/60 ????
      I believe that they are but there are 3 diferent styles of them. that I know of . Maybe more
      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Mine was not useable I am now running one from an 81 or 82 550 L different style than my stock had to use the cable from the 550 also but other than the cable being a little long its hooked up and working fine . I have not had a chance to check it against radar yet but feels about right . Inside the gears are identical the outer body is slightly different mainly due to the way the cable hooks up the stock 700 gear has a male fitting . The 550 has a female fitting .

Comment

Working...
        X