put on new clutch cable and adjusted the clutch but wont work now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put on new clutch cable and adjusted the clutch but wont work now

So i purchased a 78 gs 750.. yes i am a noobie. i go around doing some maintenance order to get it ride ready and clean the carbs ect. i get to changing the once frozen clutch cable with a new cable and now it takes some serious muscle to make the clutch work. I dont know what happened but the bike is pretty much unridable with the clutch as is and i have tried just about everything i could think about. i.e. re routing wire, tightening loosing cable, adjusting clutch screw.... any help would be appreciated. More over i just purchase new bars much lower profile similar to dirt bike bars and the clutch and throttle cable are to long any advice on what to do about that. i looked at motion pro but it seems very pricy to go that route.

If bike sat for a while waiting for you, it's might be best to inspect the clutch actuator stuff- it might be almost froze up too and need cleaning and lubing. Look at clutch diagram for your model and dive in!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X