Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My oil level window is very hard to see through!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
    I just had the cover off, and used some Q-tips to clean the glass, plain and simple

and mine was dirty on the inside, not the outside

nice and clean how much to get my cases like those?, i might invest in some buffing tools but i would rather someone else did it, im going to hate putting mine together unpolished dang u gk! dannggg u lol man its goin to be nice

Comment

platinum2, first case will be free all others there will be a charge.....LOL

and I think before I put the cases back on, I will be redoing them again, I am not happy, there is just not enough shine to them, and I can't stand seeing some of those scratches, so I bit more sanding, finer paper, and then hit the buffing wheel once more...

in all honesty it really does not take that long, if done in stages, going finer and finer on the sandpaper, and then hit em with the buffer...

Comment

Well I did it. Tilted my bike to the left - don't have a sidestand at the moment but will have one again soon. Took the clutch cover off and cleaned the entire part while it was off. I went through a few Q-tips (or cotton buds as they are called here) as the bud bit gets caught in the little metal cage bit quite easily. But now I can see through it - yay!

So I changed the oil as per the manual and my bike must really like new oil. It is running much more smoothly and probably the best it has run since I got the bike. Mind you I have put a lot of work into it so it's just as well.

Interestingly it took a lot more than the 3000mL it says on the side - I used almost 4L. I guess that's because I changed the filter as well?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyR View Post
          Well I did it. Tilted my bike to the left - don't have a sidestand at the moment but will have one again soon. Took the clutch cover off and cleaned the entire part while it was off. I went through a few Q-tips (or cotton buds as they are called here) as the bud bit gets caught in the little metal cage bit quite easily. But now I can see through it - yay!

So I changed the oil as per the manual and my bike must really like new oil. It is running much more smoothly and probably the best it has run since I got the bike. Mind you I have put a lot of work into it so it's just as well.

Interestingly it took a lot more than the 3000mL it says on the side - I used almost 4L. I guess that's because I changed the filter as well?
          Yes. Very close to 4 Quarts or just less than 4 L.

Daniel

Comment

Yes it does take a bit more to soak up the new filter. Did you run it for a few minutes and then let it sit for about 5 minutes and then recheck the level?
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Yup. I am one of those "read the manual" guys!

Comment

Glad to hear that. Many dont and then compound the problems wildly.
                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                X