Convert GS750ES into GS750EF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert GS750ES into GS750EF

Hi guys i just want to know if its possible to convert my GS750ES into GS750EF i really like the look of the 750EF.

Thank you for your time!

lots of work, need all brackets, and youll need the higher handlebars to clear the fairing there basically the same bike just different plastics so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible , you would prolly be easier to change it to a ed model like my avatar, there are a few front cowls around, but trying to find a windshield new is retarded expensive,and there not made anymore

also im not positive on the tank mounting for the lower fairing brackets but where theres a will theres a way

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
      lots of work, need all brackets, and youll need the higher handlebars to clear the fairing there basically the same bike just different plastics so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible , you would prolly be easier to change it to a ed model like my avatar, there are a few front cowls around, but trying to find a windshield new is retarded expensive,and there not made anymore

also im not positive on the tank mounting for the lower fairing brackets but where theres a will theres a way
      AHHHHH.....NO..OK I have a 85 GS750EF(Canadian),You need a lower fairing with the brackets you see in this picture.

If you have an 83 you will need to attach the upper bracket as there are no threaded points on the 83 frame.The E model has higher bars and the ES shares lower bars with the EF.All the 83 body work will fit on with the lowers just fine but there are differences in later models.I got 3 83 bikes with my 85,1E and 2 ES so I know this stuff first hand.

Comment

Thank you guys that helped me alot.

here is a picture of my GS750ES

Comment

From an ES(fairing) to an E (no cowling) I imagine all you need is the headlight & mounting ears.
          If you do convert, are you interested in selling the cowling, lowers & mounting frame?
          The Three Horsemen
          '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
          '83 GS1100ES
          ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
          Porkchop Express

Comment

Originally posted by Greg B View Post
            From an ES(fairing) to an E (no cowling) I imagine all you need is the headlight & mounting ears.
            If you do convert, are you interested in selling the cowling, lowers & mounting frame?
            Greg I think he wants to go ES to EF which was the fully faired version. Chin scoop and the whole bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              Greg I think he wants to go ES to EF which was the fully faired version. Chin scoop and the whole bit.
              yes i wanna go from ES to EF

Comment

Ah, must be a Canadian model.
                Alpha Sports shows the EF as being unfaired, round train light for the US.
                Also I guess that was for the 700, not the 750. Since we didn't get one in '85.
                My mistake.
                Last edited by Greg B; 03-18-2012, 12:36 PM.
                The Three Horsemen
                '85 GS1150ES (Current Income Eater)
                '83 GS1100ES
                ‘77 XLCR

"Never ride faster than you can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes."
                Porkchop Express

Comment

Yes it would be a Canadian model.The actual designator is EFD for an 84 and EFF for an 85.

Comment

Working...
                  X