Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flyscreen

Hey all,
    anyone got pictures of their favorite small windscreen/ fairing? I was out on the highway today doing my 70 and it was exhausting. The buffeting was alot to deal with. I usually ride in the city so that was new.
    Might consider a flyscreen/ fairing. Would like to know what you all prefer/ like.
    Thanks in advance.

I have a Slipstreamer Spitfire waiting in a box to be installed. So I can't give you direct feedback, but it's a pretty popular choice to look in to. Should be lots of hits for a forum search though.

Comment

thanks mike of bbg, I'll google it.

Comment

I made one as I didn't like much of what else was around and what I did like was stupidly expensive... this cost me maybe $20 in materials...

To be honest the jury's still out as to how much buffeting it reduces, and I need to actually straighten it a little more to see if that helps any more...
        1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
          I made one as I didn't like much of what else was around and what I did like was stupidly expensive... this cost me maybe $20 in materials...

To be honest the jury's still out as to how much buffeting it reduces, and I need to actually straighten it a little more to see if that helps any more...
          Pete, that looks similar to the one on my GS1100E...
          I found it on eBay...it is designed for a Ducati Monster so it fit the big light.
          It doesn't look like much, but it does make a difference.
          Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I'm very happy with my Givi 210. It takes the wind-blast off your chest and leaves your helmet in clean air. 70mph with the screen feels like 55mph without.

Comment

As much as I'd like one, the price of those "flyscreens" strikes me as absurd. $150???

The National Cycle F15, F16, and F18 fairings aren't bad for less than $100 on Amazon.

Comment

This is my first season with the Maier Sport fairing on. I like it quite a bit. Reduces wind blast to the chest, but my helmet is still in the airstream. If I'm on the bike solo I can slide back on the seat and duck my head wholly behind it and become much more aerodynamic. Plus it looks good and hides the bulky stock gauges.

Don't really have a good picture of it from the front, so excuse the fuzziness.

Comment

I've thinking about this too. My stock headlight and ears were trash so I replaced them with an 8" housing and cafe ears so I don't think that I can use one of the headlight mounted ones.

I was looking at the handlebar mounted Givi ones but I'm wondering how well they will fit over the tall gauges that were fit on 82's. The boy's '80 looks to be about an inch shorter in the part that displays the gear.

Does anyone have a positive review of the Givi's on a '82?

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoRob View Post
                    I've thinking about this too. My stock headlight and ears were trash so I replaced them with an 8" housing and cafe ears so I don't think that I can use one of the headlight mounted ones.

I was looking at the handlebar mounted Givi ones but I'm wondering how well they will fit over the tall gauges that were fit on 82's. The boy's '80 looks to be about an inch shorter in the part that displays the gear.

Rob
                    Rob, that one in my picture is on an 8" headlight...

EDIT: Just found it on eBay for $59 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Smoked-...a3ebf0&vxp=mtr
                    Last edited by Baatfam; 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I also replaced my headlight with an 8 inch housing and aftermarket cafe ears from Dime City, and I'm using the headlight mounted Givi 210. I think it works, and looks, great.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                        Rob, that one in my picture is on an 8" headlight...

EDIT: Just found it on eBay for $59 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Smoked-...a3ebf0&vxp=mtr
                        Thanks Bob. I'd been looking at that one. I've asked the seller a few questions but got no reply, so no sale.

How does that mount? My turn signals mount into the headlight bucket and the holes in the mount looked to be too small to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by LoopGaroo View Post
                          I also replaced my headlight with an 8 inch housing and aftermarket cafe ears from Dime City, and I'm using the headlight mounted Givi 210. I think it works, and looks, great.
                          That's good to know. Thanks I'll check that one out.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I'd been looking at that one. I've asked the seller a few questions but got no reply, so no sale.

How does that mount? My turn signals mount into the headlight bucket and the holes in the mount looked to be too small to do that.
                            I don't have a good picture handy on photobucket, but I used the two bolts that mount the headlight to the ears...
                            The 1100E's turn signals mount in the middle of the ears a little further back from the headlight bolts.
                            I did have to slightly modifiy the bracket, if I remember correctly.
                            At the time, I wasn't sure how it would work out, but for $59 it was worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                              Pete, that looks similar to the one on my GS1100E...
                              I found it on eBay...it is designed for a Ducati Monster so it fit the big light.
                              It doesn't look like much, but it does make a difference.
                              Yes, true! Also a bit like what they put on the Triumph Scramblers.

I modelled it after a Bike It brand one which sold locally here for about $46 which would've been perfect except they discontinued importing them before I got a chance to buy one, and it's about 60 pounds to get one from the UK...
                              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                              X