flyscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoopGaroo View Post
    I have the signals installed in the hole behind the headlight-mounting holes.
    That's where we are different. My indicators go directly into the bucket which keeps all the wires internal to the bucket. Hmmm...

Comment

I installed my Slipstreamer Spitfire windscreen and tested it out today on a 100 mile loop. It gets my thumbs up. Good wind protection on my upper body while riding in temps in the 40's. No wobble while riding at 85 mph(not sure what speed but maxed the speedo). Nice and smooth and balanced while doing the hands off test at 40-50mph. I'm not a windscreen guy but for $66 shipped this will come in handy and hardly noticable....and of course the Spitfire name matches my Bridgestone Spitfire tires too.
      A pic....

Comment

Hi,

That's lookin' good!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I think this is the size I'm going for.
          Thanks for the pics. The Givi is my second choice.

I think I'll try these and see how that works for my hwy commute. If i need more, I'll look for the Spitfire some of the others mentioned.
          Cheers,

Originally posted by razooki View Post
          Here is a Ducati Monster fairing on my GS850G.

Comment

I'm really still quite amazed at the difference a little fly screen can make... I've read lots of reviews where reporters say this little screen around the binnacle makes a noticeable difference, or that little gauge cluster has a noticeable affect on wind blast, etc. etc.

Every time I read one of those I think yeah right... and then I tilted my fly screen that little bit forward as I said earlier, and now I actually believe them... you don't need a Windjammer or a Goldwing or anything like that to get a bit of wind blast off your chest at speed...
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
              This is my first season with the Maier Sport fairing on. I like it quite a bit. Reduces wind blast to the chest, but my helmet is still in the airstream. If I'm on the bike solo I can slide back on the seat and duck my head wholly behind it and become much more aerodynamic. Plus it looks good and hides the bulky stock gauges.

Don't really have a good picture of it from the front, so excuse the fuzziness.

I use to have the same fairing on my '78 GS1000 until a huge rock came flying off a gravel truck and shattered it. I liked it, it made the 1400 mile round trip from western North Dakota to Wisconsin and back bearable.

Comment

Working...
              X