Adjusting the idle. How to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting the idle. How to?

I have a 1979 gs550e. I have the manual and can't find anywhere in there a difinitive answer on how to adjust the idle on it. I have the two cable throttle and it talks about how to adjust the throttle in the book but I can't seem to do it with the tank on and not sure how to give it just a touch more throttle so it idles right and doesn't stall out. Any help on how to fix this quick and easy would be much appreciated.

there pretty much the same

Comment

if you reach under the carbs, there will be a screw in the middle between carbs 2 and 3 that you have to turn and it will raise or lower the idle depending on which way to turn it.

Comment

Thank You Very Much. I'll give it a try after work tomorrow and let you know how I make out.

Comment

Scotty, which idle do you mean, fuel mixture, air mixture, idle speed, running rough, stalling, explanation please? It will help us to help you.

Comment

he said that he needs to give it ''a touch more throttle'' to keep it from stalling out. Seems like he means the RPMs need to be increased.

I should have mentioned that it should be up around 1200 RPMS at idle and if it is not running easily on it's own at that, then you need to troubleshoot.

Comment

Let the bike warm up, then try adjusting the Idle Knob.

Turn it Clockwise= Increase
              Counter-clockwise= Decrease

Comment

Working...
              X