Oil from somewhere ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil from somewhere ?

Hi all, my 1980 GS850 l has been on the centre stand with the sump bung removed, and the filter and cover removed for well over a week now yet the oil keeps dripping from the sump hole, iv remover the oil level bung from the gearbox incase excess oil was making its way back from there but this made no difference and it is clean oil. Im realy puzzled, can any of you guys help, it would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

I had my 1100 on the center stand for 3 months with the sump plug out. I moved it the other day and got quite the puddle on the garage. There are lots of little oil passages and oil caught in the valve train etc... That it could drip for quite some time, not getting All the oil out.

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post
      I had my 1100 on the center stand for 3 months with the sump plug out. I moved it the other day and got quite the puddle on the garage. There are lots of little oil passages and oil caught in the valve train etc... That it could drip for quite some time, not getting All the oil out.

Nic
      I agree.

cg
      sigpic
      83 GS1100g
      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks alot, that set my mind at ease, for a while there i thought i had lost the plot. Stephen.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. Chromedome,

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

One of my DR 350s has had the plug out for three months. Every time I move it there's another puddle of oil on the cardboard.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X