Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard to start after parked for longer periods of time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, it was only running at about 1000rpms, where it should be running at around 2500-3000. Exhaust pipes on number 1 and 4 where also cold compared to the two center ones. After a good ten minutes it was back to normal and I could run it without choke. As I said a cleanup is on the to-do list for the winter, it's september soon and only about a month, maybe two if i'm lucky, left of the riding season here so I'm not gonna do any thing about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiff View Post
      As I said a cleanup is on the to-do list for the winter, it's september soon and only about a month, maybe two if i'm lucky, left of the riding season here so I'm not gonna do any thing about it now.
      This part really amuses me.

You have something that is very frustrating.

Hopefully, realize that a proper repair will just take a few days.

And you would rather fight it for up to two months rather than enjoy the last seven weeks?

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I also had/have this problem with starting. Cleaning the choke tubes and choke channels in the bowls seems to have helped, but she is still a bit finicky on a cold start (i.e., after sitting a day or so).

The first start rev for a second and then peter out happens also. Tried starting on PRI, but that didn't change things.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          This part really amuses me.

You have something that is very frustrating.

Hopefully, realize that a proper repair will just take a few days.

And you would rather fight it for up to two months rather than enjoy the last seven weeks?

Hehe, it's not THAT frustrating, if it was I would already be dismantling the bike. It just means that starting the bike takes 30-seconds to a minute extra then when it's warm. I can live with that for little while
          Besides fixing this isn't gonna take just a few days. Me and my girlfriend both work, different shifts, we have a 1 year old son and I recently bought a Datsun Z, so there is plenty of things to keep me busy

Comment

Working...
          X