1985 gs1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 gs1100g

I have just bought a 1985 GS1100G ( White, silver and grey ) and can't seem to find a lot of info in this years model. I am going to restore it and would like to know what the compatability is with the earlier models of GS1100G and GS850G. Are the frames, engine, fuel tank and other bodyparts the same as the earlier bikes ? Any information would be much appreciated.
    Paul

I don't have an answer for you but it's best to introduce yourself in the owners section as many more people view those posts. Welcome to this place. Folks cane be really helpful.

Charlie G
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Seeing as you have an 85 you must be somewhere in New Zealand or Australia as I think the 1100G only went to 85 in those areas. Maybe Europe and Asia as well. As far as parts compatibility, I would imagine most parts from 82-85 will be the same. There is a member here from NZ that has that same year/model hopefully he will see this post and correct or confirm, can't recall the user ID for them however.

Welcome to the forum by the way. We like pics, of the bike of course.

Comment

Greetings and Salutations!!

Hi Mr. paulneilson,

The surest way to see what parts can fit other bikes is to compare part numbers. You'll find the procedure on my little website.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thankyou all for the warm welcome. I am amazed at the amount of information you guys have available on these bikes. I'm sure the site will be of great assistance to me in restoring my bike and I'm now a lot more enthusiastic about it know that there are so many others with the same interest. And yes you were right - I am in Australia.
          Paul

Comment

I, also, am dying to see the paint scheme that we most assuredly didn't get.
            Being the last year, it has all of the best parts no doubt.

Eric

Comment

Paul, I found the member in NZ with the same bike. He goes by Colin Green on here.

Eric, the paint scheme for this bike can be seen here. http://www.thegsresources.com/hallof...o_oct_2009.htm

This is Colins bike, was BOM in October 2009.

Comment

Sharp looking paint scheme!

Eric

Comment

Working...
                X