How to run carbs dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to run carbs dry

1983 gs1100e: can anyone tell me how to run the carbs dry on this bike prior to storage? There is no off position on the petcock. Thankyou!

Originally posted by ddeboer View Post
    1983 gs1100e: can anyone tell me how to run the carbs dry on this bike prior to storage? There is no off position on the petcock. Thankyou!
    The off position on your petcock (providing it's a stock OEM petcock) is the on position when your motor isn't running.
    If your gas tanks' fuel level is enough for reserve and less than enough for the on position, you can run it on reserve and then switch to on and it will run out of gas.
    But I'd just drain the carbs by loosening the bolt on the bottom of the float bowl for each carb and draining each carb. You'll probably trash the gaskets and will need to replace them.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

There are a few more answers in your other post.

Please, it is rather confusing when you post the same question in multiple forums.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
      X