Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front wheel

Hey fellow riders I have a ding on the right side of my front rim
    and it make riding in low speed without the hand on the clipons difficult, and I would like to know if I need to replace the wheel or it can be balanced or repaired?

My wheel look like a yamaha xs wheels
    I havent found many 1977 750 gs's with same wheel can someone help me with the issue because I found a wheel for 80$ from a yamaha xs 750 1977

would it fit?
    and did it come like that from the factory? because it would help me to buy the other part relayed to the wheels

Are you saying that you have mag wheels on your (I presume) 1977 GS750B?
    If so, they have been replaced with something else because the 1977 model only came with wire spoke wheels.
    Also, welcome to GSR.
    Please place your bike model and year in your signature (like mine, select UserCP from the upper left menu item) so we better understand what we are discussing.
    If you can post a picture of the ding we can better understand what you are inquiring about. You will need a photo hosting site such as PhotoBucket to do this.

Comment

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

here is a picture of the bike and the wheels in question as for the ding we cant clearly see it I am goign to take more pictures today

Comment

That's not a stock Suzuki wheel.Looks like either a Lester,Morris or as you said a Yamaha.

1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

100% they are not morris wheels

But what is the difference between a lester and a Yamaha wheel?
          because I have to get rotors and I don't know what to order

Comment

The first thing you need to do is take a breath. Do not be in a rush to order parts that will not work out in the end.
            Those are not stock Suzuki wheels. Those are mag wheels.
            Next, we need to see the ding in several good quality pictures, not just one pic off an iPhone. There are companies that can repair mag wheel fractures.
            Lastly, you need to provide some pictures of the proposed 750 wheels you are looking at. Then we can ask informed questions and assist you.

Comment

here are the pictures of the wheel and the brakes
              (I am not sure anymore If I have to replace them I can feel with my nail the variation of those marks)
              the ding can be seen it's a flat spot in the last 5 images

Comment

can anyone help me for my maintenance issues?

Comment

Well, to me that is more than just a ding, that is a bent rim. I would suggest trying your best to match another wheel. There are shops that do straighten bent rims, but the cost (for cars any way) was around $200 last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    Well, to me that is more than just a ding, that is a bent rim. I would suggest trying your best to match another wheel. There are shops that do straighten bent rims, but the cost (for cars any way) was around $200 last time I checked.
                    thats what I tought thanks for confirming and the disc are they finished ?

Comment

Working...
                    X