ATV Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATV Bars

so i decided to try Fly racing atv bars on my GS1100EZ based on the fact that they are almost the same dimensions as the stock bars other than pull back and i like the stock riding position but i dont like the wrist angle of the stock bars. they look like they are designed for my wife (5'6") rather than me (6'3.5" 270lbs).

so i tried them. put them on today. cables all work. wiring all works.

one issue. they are the same distance from end to end when measured straight across as the stock bars. since they have less pullback it means that the straight part that the grips and controls attach to are shorter so it crowds the brake master cyl a bit and i had to change the angle that the brake hose attaches to the master so it would clear the gauges.

however the angle for my hands are great. i may add bar weights or bar end mirrors as the atv bars arent weighted. i think i am going to add a small clock to the horizontal bar that the atv/dirtbike pad attaches to as i like to know what time it is when riding to work.

all in all, not bad for 25$ (shipped) bars.

I may try out the other dirtbike bars to get more width if i am not satisfied with these. we'll see when i get some miles on them.

Brian
    Brian

82 GS1100E
    sigpic

BTW, yes i know my garage is a cluster $#(@ lol.

i also have a EX650 master cyl to replace the whooped stock one and i am in the process of replacing those old brake hoses too.

Brian
    Brian

82 GS1100E
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X