Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve cover and clutch cover gasket thickness

Hi Guys,

I need the thickness of the OEM valve cover gasket and the clutch cover gasket as I need to cut them by hand.

The clutch cover gasket is thin, so I probably will be OK with cereal box but if someone has a VC gasket laying around and has a caliper, I appreciate the info.

The bike is a 82 GS850, but measurements from 650, 750 or any model 850 will work just fine.

Thanks,

Chris

Ghey are all the same thickness far as the eye can see..but I dont think cereal boxes are gonna hold up very long. I nwould say that if you can source some 1/32 thick gasket sheets youd be good to go.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Sorry I meant cereal box thickness not the material. I know that VC gasket is much thicker or maybe i'm mistaking!

Comment

I just went out and measured a spare clutch cover gasket (unknown brand, probably from Z1) for my 1000G at 0.5mm. A spare Vesrah cam cover gasket from the 850's gasket kit measures 1.5mm.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed. Now I gotta go find gasket materials.

Thanks a lot man.

Comment

Originally posted by shirazdrum View Post
            Perfect, that's exactly what I needed. Now I gotta go find gasket materials.

Thanks a lot man.
            Why not just order the gaskets ?
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I'm traveling on the bike and no easy way of getting the gaskets to South America on a short notice.

Comment

Working...
              X