Traveling with a second helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling with a second helmet

Hey guys I'm thinking about picking up an extra helmet for any passengers I might have on while I ride. Does anyone use the stock helmet clip to carry a helmet? I tried putting the rings on my shoei through it and the helmet hunt down really low. Any tricks to using the lock? Thanks again and sorry for the noob question, I just got the bike.

Look at getting a cargo net to keep the second helmet under.

As for the helmet hanging too low, I have that issue on my bike too. I put the passenger peg down. The helmet then rests on it instead of hanging too close to the muffler.

Comment

Cargo Net.....

I got one just the other day.....

Comment

I agree with the cargo net concept.

So do others in my family.

Click on the 850L and 1000 links, you will see them on the bike.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Years ago I attached a helmet to the lock on an '82 GS650 for a ride from san Francisco to LA. I never noticed when but somewhere along the ride the lock broke off along with the helmet. Wouldn't try that again.

Comment

I scuffed my black HJC helmet by attaching it to that hook. Never again.

Comment

I've used a cargo net to hold a helmet to my seat, and also to my tank - very versatile.

Comment

On my bikes, with the helmet lock under the seat, I add a bungee cord from the other helmet strap to the luggage rack to keep it still and out of harms way.
                Of course, you would have to have a luggage rack to do this.

Eric

Comment

Cargo nets rock. Great for helmets and all sorts of other stuff. I have a sissy bar and a rack on my 750L. I use up to three on occasion with assorted bungies and saddlebags for camping. I try and keep them with me all the time you never know what you might decide to pick up on your ride.

Have found that a full face helmet open will fit on my KnG sissy bar real well just open visor and slide down without rubbing visor on metal parts until snug. Have traveled hundreds of miles and never came off.

Comment

Working...
                  X