Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revived a 93 that sat for 6 years,Startup is the elixer of the gods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revived a 93 that sat for 6 years,Startup is the elixer of the gods!

Don't know where else to post this,but the story is just to highlight a product i tried called Startup.
    A Few months back i recieved a garbage can full of oils,fuel stabilizers n the like.In it was a product called startup.I put some in a neighbors 4 wheeler and it made an immediate permanent difference.I mean from stalling n not starting n running like crap.
    So a fella walks into my work at Advance Auto parts.Tells me he got this bike won't start,we get talking,Long of the short i sold him this Product Startup ,it is for bringing machines out of storage,springtime formula n the like.
    The bike is a pretty nice 93 Yamaha FZR 600R period yoshi pipe n headers k&n oval pods that cover 2 carbs each., he payed 650 for it, pretty nice condition.
    He comes back the next day says it won't start i sell him a battery 2 sets o plugs oil n filter.I offer to work on it on saturday for a 12 pack and a 50.
    Saturday i show up.All tools in hand for carb sync n anything else.
    He had drained the gas tank,put the product in,and about 1/2 gallon of gas.1-2 inches in the tank lol.we go get gas.
    Get back,put 1/2 tankfull in her,mind u this treats like 5 gallons i think.
    I tell him chances are we need to strip n dip the carbs and for that i need 100 bux including the dip.
    So i proceed to drain the float bowls and it is like maple syrup in there,cycle the key to run the pump until it runs clean n clear,Spray carb cleaner into the air jets, then let it sit as i change plugs, attach battery, change the oil.The GS is way easier to work on,wow.
    So after 1 hour of doing this maintenance i hit the start button,cough sputter fart and omg vrooooooooom.
    Some black smoke bellows n it idles.Has a flat spot 1/4 throttle.ok it needs a sync i think?
    I let it warm up ,throttle it a few times the smoke dissipates.Another hour and it is all back together throw a plate on it and head down the road and it runs ok.
    2-3 miles later i hit the gas station finish filling it up go in and pay.
    I come out,jump on to head back,it fires up and now idleing so sweet.I head up the road n lay right into it to redline n it's a ROCKET!!!!!! no flat spot.I take the long way home n this thing corners nice and it was fun to ride.
    Get back put the gauges on n it is spot on,Do plug chops it is tuned perfect.
    This little $10 can of Startup brought back a 6 year sitting bad gas bike without having to strip n dip these carbs,AMAZING.
    I am thinking wow this thing is quick,I get on my bike to ride home and think to myself,wow my old GS 1150 with 1100 engine really is faster hehe,and with a smile on my face a 50 in my pocket,a lost friendship from gradeschool revived and a 12 pack, i ride home and start my birthday weekend.
    Startup is the elixer of the gods for bike been sitting,try it before doing a strip n dip.

Noone likes my start stuff huh?lol,had it been my bike they would have been stripped n dipped,guy did not want to spend the money to do so.oh well,he say's it is still running awesome tho.

Comment

It was ctualy called Start,lil yellow bottle , yellow package,smelled very different from seafoam,huffing it would wreck you.It is meant to add to fuel after the macgine has set for the winter.It ungums anything with no mercy. !) bux a bottle.
      Here it is

Comment

fuel system revitalizer

Comment

Must be some pretty potent stuff, can't help but wonder what the effect is to non-metallic parts, i.e. O-rings, gaskets, rubber hoses, etc.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Seafoam i use regular,it is a great maintenance item,this however disolves on cantact flushing all the varnish ,or so it seemed,but like i said,there is no substitute for a strip n dip in my mind,from what i have learned here
            Cheers!!

Comment

Looks like a good tool for the "I bought the bike and I want to see if it will run before I tear it apart" restoration
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                Must be some pretty potent stuff, can't help but wonder what the effect is to non-metallic parts, i.e. O-rings, gaskets, rubber hoses, etc.
                I would think as long as it isn't in a concentrate form just laying on the rubber it would be fine. As quickly as it goes through the system I think there no problems. I've used Berrymans for years and always wonder what it would do to rubber parts and such. I've seen it sit on rubber for a bit and ate the rubber up over time.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                X