Maintaining New/Old bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining New/Old bike

Wow! Seems my oil leaks are behind me, and my bigger maintainance too...finally!
    Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2012, 04:09 PM.

good for you.now u should have about 5 yrs riding without a problem.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by slyone View Post
      Wow! Seems my oil leaks are behind me, and my bigger maintainance too...finally! I still get a very small "pop" every so often back thru my carbs only during warmup-which seems extended for a full warmup.
      It sounds like one or more of you chokes are partly clogged, could be the fuel pick up in the float bowl itself. This makes the cylinder lean which causes the popping. Did you dip the float bowls when you dipped the carbs? Did you ensure the tiny holes in the brass pick up pipes for all of the choke feeds were clear?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

It's running much better and yes I did dip/clean bowls too and check gas p/u tubes/holes with a tiny wire. I still need to fine tune it and get it zeroed in, but I'm thinkin next spring cause it's gettin way too cold for me and the bike! Gonna do the rear tire when it arrives and cover it up...
        Last edited by Guest; 11-04-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Still, something is wrong with the choke circuit.

Comment

Originally posted by ron bayless View Post
            good for you.now u should have about 5 yrs riding without a problem.
            ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha............ ...........ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, ha,ah,ah
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Why is that funny?

Comment

Working...
              X