Identify side cover model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify side cover model

I bought this side cover for my 81 650E, but after pulling it out to clean it up I realized it's not the ride cover. Anyone know what model/year this is from? Even guesses would help. I can start checking the fiche.

As soon as I identify it I'll be putting it up for sale. It's in pretty good shape. I'm going to clean it up and give it a light polish. I'll sell it cheap. Have to consider this a noob learning situation. Just because someone say's it's from a 650E doesn't mean it is. More pictures next time. Maybe a 650G cover?

Last edited by Guest; 11-13-2012, 11:15 AM.

Does it have some part numbers on the other side?
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
      Does it have some part numbers on the other side?
      No, afraid not. Just "Made in Japan". The more I look, the more I'm thinking it's from a 650G. I just want to get confirmation. If I sell this to a GSR member (or anyone for that matter) I want to make sure I'm selling them something they can use, so they don't end up in the same place I am.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
        No, afraid not. Just "Made in Japan". The more I look, the more I'm thinking it's from a 650G. I just want to get confirmation. If I sell this to a GSR member (or anyone for that matter) I want to make sure I'm selling them something they can use, so they don't end up in the same place I am.
        I understand your concern. I once bought a chromed clutch cover for my GS1100 only to find that as close as it looked in the picture it wouldn't fit the bike. I gave it to GS Rick, I think it went on his GS1000G.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X