Valve adjust spreadsheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve adjust spreadsheet

Since this applies to both the twins and the four-cylinder bikes, I am putting this in the General/Maintenance section.

Over the years that I have been offering this thing, it has gone through a few revisions, the last one came out in the middle of October.

So far, I have sent it to 692 people.

They live ALL OVER. I have sent this to 47 states and the District of Columbia, and to 17 other countries, so I am proud to say it's "world-wide".

It's just a simple spreadsheet that helps you determine what size shims you need in your two-valve engines, and also helps you keep track of what shims are in there from one adjustment to the next, making it easier to be ready for the next adjustment.

If you are interested in joining the list, just follow the instructions in my sig.

692 sent out. Who will be #700? No special prize, just a mention here.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

can you send me it 8 times please Steve? the 700th person
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Yup, Steve is a real stand up guy. I nominate you for Member of the Year (Bard award). Sorry man, you can't dodge this time.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

CAn it keep track of the shims in several different bikes?
        So far I just do them in my head… but it's getting full.
        http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Steve, do you send out the updated spreadsheet to all on your list periodically? If so, I haven't received it, I'm using the one you sent me in June 2011.
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            can you send me it 8 times please Steve? the 700th person
            Happy to send it to you ONCE.
            You need more copies? Make them yourself.
            If you are quick, you will be #693.

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Yup, Steve is a real stand up guy. I nominate you for Member of the Year (Bard award). Sorry man, you can't dodge this time.
            Sorry, my promise from last time still stands. I don't want any award or notoriety.

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            CAn it keep track of the shims in several different bikes?
            So far I just do them in my head… but it's getting full.
            One spreadsheet one bike. More copies, more bikes. All I ask is that you don't pass it to anyone else, have them ask me for their own copy.
            It's easy to simply rename your files to whatever you like to match your bikes.

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
            Steve, do you send out the updated spreadsheet to all on your list periodically? If so, I haven't received it, I'm using the one you sent me in June 2011.
            I used to send them out automatically, but I haven't found an easy way to send out group mails. Just send me an e-mail, but make sure you mention your username and that you want an update.

sigpic
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)

Comment

email sent.

Comment

I have just sent an email.

Thank you!

Comment

Steve's a hell of a guy for not only making this available to us, but also personally sending it out as well as updates. Just used the latest version, and it was a breeze, even using it from my cell phone.

Thanks, once again, Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by shinzon1 View Post
                    email sent.
                    Good thing I came back and read this thread again.

Your email went into my Spam folder, which I don't check very often.

sigpic
                    Family Portrait
                    Siblings and Spouses
                    Mom's first ride

Comment

Steve, I replied to your email, but I am unsure if it went through - not showing up in sent items folder.

If it didn't, please let me know, then I will use another email account.

Thank!

Waldo

Comment

Thank so much for my new and improved spreadsheet! Jumping into it somewhere in the week.

Comment

email sent

Comment

Originally posted by md48377 View Post
                            email sent
                            ... and replied to.

sigpic
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride

Comment

Sent out three spreadsheets on New Year's Day, the list is now at 700.

sigpic
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride

Comment

Working...
                              X