Clear All

3 and 4 are really clean?

Comment

Air jets

#2's is a lot further in than 1,3,&4? This is #1

Comment

Air jets

This is #2
        Last edited by Guest; 12-31-2012, 03:10 PM. Reason: didn't get attachment

Comment

Valves

#1 looks really clean. Do the valves look dirty?

Comment

Valves

#4 it looks like a screw is about to fall out?

Comment

Originally posted by bluehwy View Post
              #4 it looks like a screw is about to fall out?
              i cant see a screw . what screw are you referring too?
              1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Those are not pictures of the inside of the carbs, just the throats.
                Your head has been ported.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  Right, I haven't broke them down yet. Trying to see if there are signs of problems as I go.

Comment

Right, I haven't broke them down yet. Trying to see if there are signs of problems as I go.
                    I don't know what it means to have a ported head. Please explain.

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                      i cant see a screw . what screw are you referring too?
                      towards the top right there are threads sticking down. It looks like the bolt/screw has needle size holes in it.

Comment

towards the top right there are threads sticking down. It looks like the bolt/screw has needle size holes in it.
                        those are the vacuum ports used for synching the carbs. there should be a bolt in there blocking off the hole or an adaptor for attaching the vacuum hose on. if it is an adaptor it should have a blanking plug on it
                        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                          why the stains in #1 and less in #2 and 3&4 are clean?

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
                            those are the vacuum ports used for synching the carbs. there should be a bolt in there blocking off the hole or an adaptor for attaching the vacuum hose on. if it is an adaptor it should have a blanking plug on it
                            Ha, sorry, my bad. That was lame of me. I know what those are. I was focused on the picture and didn't use any of my brain.

Comment

Hmmm

It looks like #1and #2 the float level is high enough that fuel is backing up into the airbleed system then being sucked past the slides . That's why both the slides on those cylinders have fuel residue on them. You need to check the float levels on at least those two. Of course I could be out of my mind....

Mad

Comment

Originally posted by Maddevill View Post
                                It looks like #1and #2 the float level is high enough that fuel is backing up into the airbleed system then being sucked past the slides . That's why both the slides on those cylinders have fuel residue on them. You need to check the float levels on at least those two. Of course I could be out of my mind....

Mad
                                I'm nervous about taking this on but for good measure I'm going to break them down completely. I am very thankful for you guys and helping me understand what is going on along the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X