torque setting for oil sump bolts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

torque setting for oil sump bolts?

I'm replacing the oil pan gasket on my 1980 GS850G but I can't find the torque specs for the oil pan bolts in my Hayne's manual.

Does anyone know what they are?

They're small, so I'm guessing I don't have to tighten them much, but I do want to squish the gasket down firmly. Although, at the same time, I sure don't want to tear off the head or damage the threading.

What can I say ... I'm nervous!

I tried to search for an answer on the forum and, like I said, in my manual, but just couldn't find it.

Any help is much appreciated.

1.0kgf.m or 7lbf.ft same as the other 6mm crankcase bolts
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Hi,

Click the link in my sig for lots of GS850G lovin'.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

An inch pound torque wrench would be best for the small bolts & low torque settings. 84 inch pounds would then be your number. Ray.

Comment

Thanks for the help! I figured it would be low and thought it would be the same as other crankcase bolts, but I wasn't sure.

And I didn't even know torque wrenches came in inch pound types. I'll have to look for one.

Comment

I just bought this one for $99: http://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-850...+torque+wrench

30-200 inch/lbs. It's a little on the pricey side for such a small wrench, but I'm _very_ satisfied with the quality. Comes with a calibration slip to prove that it came from the factory in working condition.
            Charles
            --
            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X