Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

airbox on 85 gs700es... does it come out!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

airbox on 85 gs700es... does it come out!?

I am planning on doing some carb work soon and can not figure out how to remove the airbox. I removed it when i first got the bike about 3 years ago (before i found this site) by cutting the damn thing inhalf and taking it out in two pieces. Even with the carbs off there is still not enough room to get it out of the frame in one piece. It wont slide back because of the shape, or down, or up. Do i realy have to remove the engine to get the airbox out! What am i not seeing here!? Its like the whole bike was designed around the airbox.

On the assembly line, the airbox went in before the engine. You either have to remove the engine or destroy the airbox. I know, I used to own one. Ray.

Comment

Honestly I am glad that is the case, because if you said just rotate 90 degrees pull forward and slide down i would have been pretty bummed out about cutting it in half. Thanks Ray.

Comment

I'll second this,it was lots of fun slipping the engine into the frame of my 85 750(Canadian model)to see I forgot the airbox.Was harder to get the engine back with in to

Comment

Quickest easiest way to remove it

Comment

HA! Right? I used a hot razor blade. then put the two peices back in and duct taped them back together. I now, having read everything i have, think that it may not be helping my hanging idle problem.

Comment

Working...
            X