speedo cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speedo cable

So my katana front end needs a speedo cable to be complete, the GS had a speeedo with a blade type drive at the wheel while the katana has a square type drive. The stock katana is about 2 feet long and won't reach my speedo so i'm hoping someone knows a cable that's about 3 feet long with the square drive at both ends. hopefully off a mass-produced bike so i can pick one up for cheap.

Thanks
    Tom

Square drive is easy if you have a housing. A trucking company or some larger parts house's have speedo cable in bulk and can crimp a square end, so a double ended one is easy to make. I have had them made at Napa before.
    1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
    80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
    1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
    83 gs750ed- first new purchase
    85 EX500- vintage track weapon
    1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
    “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
    If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Not sure what model you're referring to, but I recently purchased a speedo cable for my 82 550 Kat, manufactured by Motion Pro..if that helps at all..

Comment

i have the stock cable for the front end which is a 93 katana gsx600. total length about 2 feet long. i need about 7 or 8 more inches (that's what she said, ha)

I contacted motionpro but it looks like its either stock or custom and the custom cables are pricey

Comment

to all of you guys who are in the same delima as me, here's what i did,

this guy's in the UK but ships internationally. he has 3 cables, 3 inches, 6 and 12 inch speedo extension cables. Im waiting for it to ship but i'll throw some pics up when i get it.

Comment

Working...
          X