Case guards 82 GS1000S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case guards 82 GS1000S

So, after a hornet got caught in the collar of my jacket a few weeks ago, causing me to drop the bike on the right side at a standstill (thankfully), I've decided I'd like some case guards to protect my engine side covers. That being said, they shouldn't be too hard to find, right?

I'm looking at these on evilbay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3103-Suzuki-...5a35bf&vxp=mtr

Wondering if they'll fit. In other words, are the 82 750 and 82 1000 frames the same? I know the 1000/1100 engines will fit right into a 750 frame, but just want some assurance these will fit my 82 Katana 1000.

I realize they're less than perfect, but whatever I buy I plan to have powdercoated black, adding to the total cost so they need to be relatively affordable. Or if anybody has any they'd like to get rid of......

Thanks!

This year, first time out with mynewtome Shoei fullface, a hornet landed right on visor in between eyes- it would have been interesting with last years helmet!
    Anyways, those guards look pitiful - keep looking,cuz you can find better especially if you plan to powdercoat. Took me two years to find a left side for my 650 that wouldn't interfere with shifting, so be careful.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I got a set for an 850, would they work? Pay shipping and they're yours.

edit* I'll take some pictures of them tonight and post them.
      Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Agreed, they are pretty bad. Prolly pass on them. I would think that 81 - 83 1100 case guards would fit as the frame and engines are virtually the same.....

Hakamisu, that sounds like too good a deal to pass on. Interested to see pics for sure!

Comment

And if Smokin passes on them i would be interested.

Comment

Sorry it took so long (family adventures). Here are the pictures.

The engine should be coming off next week, so they could be yours whenever.

Comment

Oh, also, just in case you haven't noticed, I am in the "Great White North" as they say (mind you I very seldom see snow except the mountains). All that means is shipping can be a little high sometimes.

Comment

Hakamisu,

I'll take them. If they don't fit, I'll send them on. My zip is 84414. Let me know and I'll be happy to Paypal you the dough. Thanks!

Comment

Smokinapancake, please update this thread on whether they work out or not.

Hakamisu, this sure is generous of you.

Comment

Will do. Haven't heard from Hakamisu yet....

Comment

Sorry,

I want to blame summer on the slow progress, but my High Commander keeps jamming the Garage with "projects" and a new Kayak (thing is almost as long as my whole garage). So once I have the Kayak aka "Richard Parker" a proper place to sit, then I can work on removing the engine. If my weekend looks to crowded (which it's starting to already) I'll just one bolt it and get you those guards.

Comment

Oh, and I can't be certain, but a rough estimate on shipping is looking like $50 CAD.

Comment

Scored a new set of case guards off evil bay for a reasonable 64.00, shipping included, so I'll pass on the offer, Hakamisu.

Comment

Working...
                          X