gs700es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs700es

I've been looking for an 85 gs700e/es service manual. I can only find the supplement for this bike. It says it supplements the 78-83 gs750e/es. is this correct? why wouldn't it supplement the 85-87 gs750e/es? I really just need to know what manual to get. Thanks for the help. Aslo, is the Canada model different than th U.S. model?

I would think any of the manuals for 83 and up 750 series bikes would be the closest fit as the 700 is just a slightly detuned version of them. Apart from the engine, the bikes are identical, I believe.

I don't know why they would suggest the 78 to 83 series.
    Last edited by Guest; 10-15-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, it supplements the 83 750. Basically it is an earlier 750 shrunk down to avoid the tariff. You will need both manuals, as it only addresses the differences between the earlier model and the 700. For the core mechanical and electrical, you use the 750 manual.
      A bit strange to get used to, but that is how they wrote them.
      There may be slight differences between the American and Canadian models, but they would be slight, if any.

Comment

You can find both on BassCliff's web site if you don't mind poorly scanned PDF files.
        If you read the first page after the cover page, it explains that it is based on the 1983 E/ES model.

Comment

Thanks guys. You were a huge help. I will post pics soon. Just got a red and white 85 gs700es, 15,000 miles, one owner. V&h 4-1. Very very good shape. It runs with a clean title. And it was a robbery at $300.00. The guy just had no idea. What an awesome bike this is.

Comment

Working...
          X