X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs1100 help

HELLO

New member here and also this is my first bike
    I have an 82 gs1100 from a guy for a non working car and the bike ran fine for a while. well the other day i was coming back from walmart and i started to lose power like it was hasping for gas/air got home then it started to run fine well i went to leave somewhere that night and i noticed that it started popping from the right exhaust then it just died and wouldnt start unless i jumped it well i did a carb clean and noticed that it didnt have the rubber plugs on the pilot jets, and not its leaking oil on the top left of the engine right buy the round section also i noticed that there is a rubber hose on top of the engine that goes to nothing( should it go to something) any info will help as of right now i wanna rebuild the top section

also forgot to mention that it idles sluggishly and dies without choke

Comment

not sure which model gs1100 you have i had the gs1100e 1983 model and it did not have any rubber plugs so i did not put any in so i guess if they are not there then probably you do not need them but i am only guessing because i am not sure on your carburetors perhaps someone else might have more information but i rebuilt two sets of gs1100e carbs and neither set had any rubber plugs in them so i did not install any in them and they ran just fine so perhaps there is some other issue with your carbs good luck

Comment

gs1100E is the model

Comment

then you should be ok on the lack of rubber plugs because neither set i worked on had them either and the rubbers at the end of the cam covers are leaking you can use rtv on them or replace them they are not that expensive the rubber hose is the valve cover vent hose it should be routed over the carbs and down by the swing arm pivot so it would drain on the ground in case it leaked instead of on the bike

Comment

Thanks ill do that when i start to rebuild the top end

Comment

Wwshweeewwwwww........
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                then you should be ok on the lack of rubber plugs because neither set i worked on had them either and the rubbers at the end of the cam covers are leaking you can use rtv on them or replace them they are not that expensive the rubber hose is the valve cover vent hose it should be routed over the carbs and down by the swing arm pivot so it would drain on the ground in case it leaked instead of on the bike

Punctuation can be OUR friend, as well as yours. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                  Punctuation can be OUR friend, as well as yours. Ray.
                  I considered that, ray. Then I realized if that is the only way he knows how to write, then possibly that is the only way he knows how to read. So I obliged. It was interesting, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                    I considered that, ray. Then I realized if that is the only way he knows how to write, then possibly that is the only way he knows how to read. So I obliged. It was interesting, to say the least.
                    well if you look at mine i do have punctuation not just one super long never ending sentence, and how do you know that's the only way i know how to write this is my only thread and i only have one paragraph so don't be a dick please

Comment

Greetings and Salutaitons!!

Hi Mr. Pfellers,

Old bikes love maintenance, proper maintenance, complete maintenance, regular maintenance. Follow all of the maintenance procedures, take no shortcuts, skip no steps, and you will have a happy motorcycle. The links below will help you to that end. Now, have a heaping helping of GS lovin'.

If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. In the links below you'll find maintenance lists, documentation, wiring diagrams, "how to" guides, vendor links, tips, tricks, and a whole lot of GS goodness. This is your "mega-welcome". Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please Click Here For Your Mega-Welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

More links to helpful threads in the forum:
                      Help! Your Bike Won't Start
                      DON'T DO THESE THINGS
                      Help! Your Bike Won't Run Well
                      Oh God! Pods!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Pfellers View Post
                        well if you look at mine i do have punctuation not just one super long never ending sentence, and how do you know that's the only way i know how to write this is my only thread and i only have one paragraph so don't be a dick please
                        Omg, tells self, no, don't say anything. Sorry, I gotta...nope not gonna.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

ONE period in an entire paragraph is punctuation to you? Then you tell someone not to be a dick?! Do you think that is the best way to get help around here?
                          Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                            ONE period in an entire paragraph is punctuation to you? Then you tell someone not to be a dick?! Do you think that is the best way to get help around here?
                            Ray.
                            Oh I'm sorry I guess I misunderstood this forum. I thought I could come here to get info on my motorcycle, not my grammar. Yes I said don't be a dick because he's being a dick. Of course I'm gonna stand up for myself when someone makes fun of me. Who cares if my grammar is bad this isn't a grammar forum. you don't know me and you sure as hell haven't been what I've been through. Not all of us have the luxury of actually staying in school. So if your just gonna criticize my grammar then you can F off and I'll get my info elsewhere.
                            Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Oh I'm sorry I guess I misunderstood this forum. I thought I could come here to get info on my motorcycle, not my grammar. Yes I said don't be a dick because he's being a dick. Of course I'm gonna stand up for myself when someone makes fun of me. Who cares if my grammar is bad this isn't a grammar forum. you don't know me and you sure as hell haven't been what I've been through. Not all of us have the luxury of actually staying in school. So if your just gonna criticize my grammar then you can F off and I'll get my info elsewhere.
                              Hmmm, well you don't know us or what we have been through either in our lives. Grow up...or go somewhere else. There I broke my rule.
                              sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                              1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                              2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X