Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs850g centerstand replacement ?

Hi everyone

My new to me 1979 gs850g is missing the centerstand.

Since I need to replace the back tire, (not to mention change the oil, ect) I think I need to replace it.

can I get any year of gs850 or 1000/1100 centerstand or are there differences ? (Im searching ebay for a replacement)

Thanks

sean

First off, where do you hail from? Are you in the U.S.? If so, where?
    I have a whole stack of GS center stands as most of mine don't use them any more.
    A friend will be coming over tomorrow with his bone stock '79 850 and I could see which one is correct for your bike.
    If you are not on some other planet, as the shipping would prove to be problematic, I could sell you one if you wish.

Comment

I am located in Hamilton, Ohio.

Comment

Check with member witttom, he might have one.

He is almost close enough for you to walk there.

I just checked the cross-reference chart, apparently the part number for the '79 850 is only used on the '79 850.

The stand for the '80 and '81 850 are also used on the '80 and '80 1000G, but are a different part number (by one single digit) than the '79 model.

The stand for the '82 and newer 850s and 1000s has yet a third part number, but comparing the three of them in the parts fiche only shows that the '82 has some cross-hatching on the footpad. No other differences are apparent in the drawings.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

found answer on compatibility for centerstand from dealer

In case someone else needs the information I found here is the centerstand compatibility for the 1979 Suzuki gs850g center stand.

Per the local dealership:

The same centerstand on the 1979 Suzuki GS850G was used on:

GS750 1977-1979
          GS850G 1979

Comment

Working...
          X