Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100EZ side stand

Not sure where to post this.

For some reason, at a stop sign a little while ago I glanced down to see where the side stand rested. I was more than a little upset to see that the side stand stop appeared to be the shift linkage.

When I got home and put her on the paddock stand, I was relieved to see that the side stand, when up, just barely misses the shift linkage. It also comes to a rest just shy of the foot peg.

What I can't see is what is stopping the side stand (from going farther up and contacting the foot peg and shift linkage). Does mine look any different from stock?

Of course I'm missing the center stand (which I don't miss). PO told me this bike didn't come with one.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Looking at parts fische;
    Relative to the sidestand, I don't see anything missing.
    But, ah, relative to the centerstand ......

http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
    Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Yes, your bike did have a center stand. PO probably ditched it.
      sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
      1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
      2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

There's nothing missing with your side stand; the tab limits how much it travels - nothing else.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer
        75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
        75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

How do you check oil level w/o center stand?

Comment

Originally posted by jona View Post
            How do you check oil level w/o center stand?
            I have a rear "paddock" stand. Although I was skeptical when PO told me "this bike doesn't have one", I'm rather glad it's missing. It's got to be a big chunk of weight, and I feel more like I'm riding a sport bike.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
              I'm rather glad it's missing. It's got to be a big chunk of weight, and I feel more like I'm riding a sport bike.
              on a 530lb bike? naaaah

Comment

Originally posted by ptexotik View Post
                on a 530lb bike? naaaah
                That's 529.1(09) lbs. (minus center stand, stock exhaust and seat strap).

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                  That's 529.1(09) lbs. (minus center stand, stock exhaust and seat strap).
                  Did seat strap have brass or heavy steel grommets?

Comment

Working...
                  X