Ticking noise when low on gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3powil View Post
    It has to have something to do with my #2 carb. Recently it's started dripping out of the overflow tube...
    But your #2 carb has nothing to do with the petcock, except receive the gas that it provides.

Your vacuum port is on #3 carb.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If you have VM carbs fuel shouldn't get into the oil. That's what the overflow tubes are for.
      It goes out the overflow before it gets high enough in the float bowl to go into the engine.

The EPA got rid of them for the CV carbs, now the fuel goes into the engine, fills it up, goes out the breather, goes through the airbox, and then makes it all the way to the floor. The difference is now you can't see it when it drips a couple drops, you usually don't notice until the engine is damaged.

I am going to put overflow tubes in my CV carbs. Fvck the EPA.

Petcocks can fail in several ways. One is not shutting off completely. Another is fuel going down the vacuum line into whichever carb it's connected to.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks tkent!

I know the petcock is leaking because when I took the tank off it kept dripping and there is no prime position, so that's cleared up.

I'm not exactly sure about all of my carb tubes so it's entirely possible that I mixed them up.

Can someone provide me with a link to where I can purchase a new petcock assembly? I can't find one that will fit my bike.

Comment

Tried here?

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

Yes, It does not list a petcock assembly for my model.

Comment

Call them, there are real people there.

Comment

Yup thanks. I wonder why they dont have it listed under the model...

Comment

Working...
                X