1100EZ clutch cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100EZ clutch cable

My clutch cable just snapped, and I want to get back on the road ASAP. Does this look good (Motion Pro cable from Bikebandit)?

Are there quality differences between brands? If there are, I can go for the best. Which?
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

use OEM only or you'll be sorry..
    JMO

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
      use OEM only or you'll be sorry..
      JMO
      Where's a quick place to get it?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Is this it?

Shop online for OEM Handlebar (Gs1100ez) parts that fit your 1982 Suzuki GS1100E, search all our OEM Parts or call at (231)737-4542

What does "Neutral Type" mean?

Comment

i think they mean the handlebars type(neutral)?
          do you have a local dealer to go to?
          you know...drive there?

Comment

May try that. "Babbitts Suzuki Parts House" wants over $19 for the cable, and over $17 for shipping.

Comment

an OEM cable should be 20-30 bucks at a dealership.
              maybe more...it's been a while.

Comment

OEM is they way to go, anything else and you'll be disappointed.
                You want it fast, you'll have to pay.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Had a Motion Pro clutch cable, lasted only 3 years. I caught it with just 3 strands still intact on it. OEM is the only way. If you gotta wait to get the OEM, then it's worth the wait.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Anybody know where I can get an OEM on line besides Babbitts?

Comment

Any online Suzuki place.

Try Partshark.
                      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I use Partshark and Cyclepartsnation and OEM only.

cg
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

rob is there not a dealership you can drive to???????
                          NY NY the city so ummm nice they named it twice..hehe

Comment

I'm on Partshark now. I entered the part number from the fiche (58200-45401). $21 for the cable and $9 for shipping is fine, but how do I know I'm getting OEM?

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
                              rob is there not a dealership you can drive to????
                              You mean like in a car? With four wheels?

That's disgusting. I'm reporting you to Frank.

Comment

Working...
                              X