Airbox drain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox drain ?

My machine is a 1981 GS 750E. The airbox drain-tube is missing. The bike runs good enough to jump the grand canyon. What I was wondering, though,was... is the drain-tube something more than just a tube? Does it have something like a ball-check, to prevent the engine from drawing free air, by-passing the airfilter? Does anybody have the scoop on this? Thanks, ... Skyhawk.

it is just a drain tube, nothing more.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Still available, too: (part #9) http://www.suzukipartshouse.com/oemp...ca/air-cleaner
      '80 GS1000ST
      '92 ZX-11
      Past rides: '79 GS1000SN, '84 GPZ900R

http://totalrider.com/

Comment

OK, it's a drain, but does it have a liitle plastic ball inside it( like shop vac airflow cutoff) to stop upflow of air? Maybe I'll take mine off-next winter!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

oneway rubber foo foo valves allow water to drain

GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

The new part number on the drain tube now has a plug on the end of it and a mild spring clamp. So at anytime you want to see if it drains anything, just pop the plug. Guess Suzuki finally figure out the foam stopper wasn't the right thing to have in there. And no there isn't a check ball in them, never have.
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
            X