Clear All

Purolator makes good filters.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by 2bearms View Post
      Thanks, it looks to be substantially cheaper than motorcycle oil. I just didn't want to do something stupid to my bike. Any brand oil filter recommendations?
      I use Wix. Have had no problems with them, they also come with a new gasket.

Comment

You say you noticed this at night at a a stoplight, Im still not sure if it's exhaust smoke or oil burning on your engine from a leak. Are you sure where it's coming from?

Comment

Im not 100% sure. I know there is a leak. I find a single drop of oil on the ground in the morning after i ride.

Comment

Gravity being what it is, you should be able to look directly upward from where the drop lands and find the leak, even if it is coalescing from a more remote source.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

oil

So i went in to my local auto store to pick up the rotella and the guys there asked what vehicle i had. Told him its for my 1980 gs850 l and they freaked out on me. I said it was highly recommended from other gs owners. Are these guys just trying to up sell me oil that cost more or do they not know there stuff

Comment

They don't know their stuff and they are trying to sell you something more expensive. I usually get my oil from Walmart but if I do stop into OReillys and they ask, I explain why. Most don't know it works and if they are worth their salt, they'll listen and say ok.
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                X