1150 Tires Chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 Tires Chain

Whats a good set of tires for a normal street ridden 85 GS1150, what ever you guys have had good luck with ? Which ones to stay away from ? Also a good brand of chain to use

Ive been using Bridgestone Battlax tires on my 1150 for years. As a generally mild rider, they have served me well. Yesterday, I got a screw stuck in my tire, and will need new, so ill be watching this thread.
    How about a pic of the 1150?
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The current favorites are Avon Roadriders, Pirelli Sport Demons and Bridgestone BT-45's. I have the BT-45's on my 1100E and they worked ok but the rear flat spotted very quickly, in ~5000km. I typically get closer to 10,000km from a rear so that was fast wear by my standards. The Sport Demon's also have fast wear from the reports I have seen. I am going to be putting a set of Avon's on next spring. I have seen lots of very good reports on them for both grip and longevity.

Mark
      1982 GS1100E
      1998 ZX-6R
      2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

As for chains, do a 530 swap, and you could do far worse than an RK chain.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Plus 1 on the RK 530..as for tires I did have Battalax at at one time but did not like the way they performed in the wet. I have had Avon roadriders on both my gs bikes and got great wear (14000kms!!) and pretty good grip in all condittion. This last set of tires I went to the Perelli sport demons on both bikes. The grip on the tires is the best in my opinion but wear is not as good as Avon but since buying the beemer my plan is to not put on as many miles on the gs bikes so I look for grip over wear. As a matter of fact I only got 7000kms out of the rea tire on my 1100. I do ride pretty hard though imo.
          No signature :(

Comment

I have Avons on my Harley but some bikes just like certain tires. Thanks

Comment

Dorkburger, the bike is exactly like the one in your avatar less the fairing. Im old and not smart enough to use the picture hosting crap

Comment

+1 on the 530 RK xring
                sigpic1982 gs750e 1186 oil cooled engine USD front mono shock rear
                1994 gsxr1100w
                1981 gs1260dragbike (this one I've owned for29yrs)

Comment

Working...
                X