No announcement yet.

Need to know how to flush a motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried running the bike, and leaning from side to side to see if the noise stopped or changed. Nothing. It only stops when I bring the revs up. But when the revs come back down around a grand. It will start chattering and it is not constant. The sound comes and goes. Like it does it for a sec and the stops a second then comes back. I don't know what else to do. I maybe running it to a shop to let them have a listen and then go from there.

Comment

I've never actually heard the sound myself but I have been told that the clutch basket can make a clattering sound.

If you pull the oil cap while its making the sound it will get louder. If it does get louder when you pull the oil cap then its the clutch basket.

Comment

Hi Ive had noisy GS s since 1980, s . The clutch makes a rattling noise almost frightening, Usually loose back-plate springs and worn out plate., Redoing it is wise, The clutch Hub Nut well..they are soft and loosen of, I usually go for broke and spend the Money and buy a APE clutch nut, they are better 4140 steel and dont give way and become loose. With the Idle turned up a wee bit and clutch basket rebuilt you would have a good bike, I put 93,000 kms on one of mine before i sold it. APE (Big Jay ) Has nice parts for you're Bike. I found with a Open Header I didn't notice as much of the clutch noise anyways. But seriosly rebuilding the clutch is a Important step to long term reliability.

Comment

I have all but given up finding what is making the noise. I have check the oil. (No metal) I have tightened the clutch bolt (was loose). I also found the stator magnet bolt loose (tightened and lock tight). I don't know how to check the starter clutch, but I did have the starter checked. Was good. I only have about 150 bucks in the bike being It was given to me. Hell I even got a new set of tires with for it free. I figure I will give it time, and if it gets worse. I will be rebuilding the motor this winter. I also thought about retro fitting a new Suzuki motor in. If I find something really bad. I like this bike something awful. I have wanted a café racer and this is a great starting platform for one. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. This is an awesome place if you need help fixing or upgrading your bikes. Thanks so much guys. I will pay it forward here and help anyone I can in return. Thanks Again

Comment

Working...
          X