Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that time to change front fork sealing ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that time to change front fork sealing ?

Hi. Since I don't know anybody in neighborhood who have suzuki gs and I am new in MC maintenance. I attached picture with oil rings on front fork. Is that time to change front fork sealing ?

20150920_172916.jpg

Yes, you'll probably find little oil left in the fork tubes. That's quite a bit of travel on those forks- do you ride on really rutted roads?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Not really except in village where I live is every 200m speed bumpers. I find right now that behind left fork is even leaking. I have to definitely change sealing, But if I have to take out front wheel maybe it will be smart change also brake hose because it looks like from early 80's. Do you know where have reasonable prices for fork sealing and new break hose?
      +I measure voltage after 1 hour driving andown it was below 11.8V . I bought this bike as in good condition but last 2 months I spend 1 month on repair,maintenance and 6 days driving. :-((
      Last edited by Guest; 09-20-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

"+I measure voltage after 1 hour driving andown it was below 11.8V . I bought this bike as in good condition but last 2 months I spend 1 month on repair,maintenance and 6 days driving. "

You bike is not charging properly (if at all) . Probably you bought it like this - many times stuff doesn't get fixed right by previous owners and you become the lucky guy who gets to do the work!

update your signature to reflect bike/model/ year. This is a gs650 right?

the british guys will probably have good ideas on where to buy parts.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Suzuki GS 650L.jpgThis is GS650GL 1982. I hope anybody here have wiring diagram. I have old one from service book but it's hard to see where lines go.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2015, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Have you checked out the one on Basscliff's website yet - http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

So sad to write but no one is working for gs650. You can try yourself https://sites.google.com/site/sites/...dslextreme.com
              Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Not sure what is happening here but those are two different IP addresses. If I click on yours it doesn't work but if I click on Cowboys it does......
                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
                https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

It doesn't work because Cowboy's link leads to main page (side) BUT if you go further and click on wiring diagram for gs650 and choose one of three available --- no one works
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

His site does contain all of the information you would need but yes, for some reason the wiring diagrams aren't showing up anymore once you get into the link to the next page. I remember he had an ISP failure about a year or so ago and had to rebuild his site; I wonder if he just forgot to check that link.

I'll try to send him a message but he's so busy at his "BASS-cliff" gig that the BIKE-cliff side has taken a bit of a back seat.

However, if you download the service manual on his page, you can get a decent copy of the wiring diagram in it via PDF which means you can zoom in as necessary. Here's the link to that page which I did open to confirm.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                    X