Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs1150e-gsxf 750 wheel swap

Hi guys

hope this is the right section of the forum to ask....

So just made my way to this forum adter buying my first GS bike.
    its a 1986 GSX1100ef or i belive its called GS1150e in the US.

i have planned to give it a new paint job and fresh oil-plugs-airfilter.
    But what i really wanna know is if i can swap the wheels for gsxf 750 gr78a wheels?
    ive been trying to search for the easiest way to modernize the wheels to fit modern tires but cant
    really see which ones needs the less modification.

I have a neighbour which parted his gsxf 750 so i could get the wheels and forks cheap. What else do i need to make it work? I dont have the most advance tools so it has to be fairly easy.

any help is great!

Added a pic of the bike!
    Attached Files

I'm not even sure what a "gsxf 750" is as companies use different names in different markets. Also you need to list year because stuff changes.

You pretty much have to take both sets apart and measure the interface points, the axles and the triple clamp width and diameter, . Those are mostly the bearings, because they are the easiest to change and don't require any machining. Usually. Sometimes you get lucky and things line up or only need bearings with different outer and inner diameter. But other times you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWhut? View Post
      I'm not even sure what a "gsxf 750"
      i think he means gsx750f I had two great engine. http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-series/GSX750F.shtml
      The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
      1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
      past bikes. RF900
      TL1000s
      Hayabusa
      gsx 750f x2
      197cc Francis Barnett
      various British nails

Comment

Ops! Sorry! Its a gsx 750 f from 1993! Ive read somewhere that the forks fit the oem tripel, and the rear wheel need the sprocket carrier from a gs500e and it will fit with a 530 chain.

Comment

Working...
        X