Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[video+pic] Laid down bike...rode it home...not starting a week later.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[video+pic] Laid down bike...rode it home...not starting a week later.

Hey all,

I'm a new rider and laid down my bike while taking a turn too wide and hitting a curb....ya.

I rode the bike home, it had some dings but seemed okay. The bulk of the damage can be seen in this pic:

suzukidamage.jpg

Anyways, I allowed myself some time to recover and went to start up the bike yesterday and found that I couldn't get it to start.

Prior to the crash, I changed the oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, and put in a new battery. It was starting pretty reliably prior to the crash. I charged the battery yesterday and it still wouldn't start today.

Here's a video of what I get when I try to start it:

Any tips on where I can go from here to get her running again?

Thanks!

Well, you have to start at the beginning and work through it. Do you have fuel? Tried with the petcock in prime position? Spark? Hoses are all still connected correctly? Are the carbs still mounted properly? No air leaks?

FWIW, learning to look through the corner to where you want to go will stop you from running wide like that. Well, that and counter steering...

Mark
    1982 GS1100E
    1998 ZX-6R
    2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

take the ignition cover off and check for damage, cut wires or damage to the ignition system
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
      X