Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My GS 425 don't have OIL LIGHT. And front BRAKE problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My GS 425 don't have OIL LIGHT. And front BRAKE problem.

My GS 425 don't have OIL LIGHT, where it goes?, or what can i do to install one?
    My front brake works good, but it still breaking a bit even if i release the brake, what can i do?

Sorry my english !!!!!!!!
    (i speak spanish)

Thank you.

your brake hoses may be swelling on the inside not releasing the pressure, or the caliper piston may be dirty .

Comment

Thr front brake on my GS450 was doing the same thing. I took the caliper apart and took a small bottle brush hone and honed the cylinder a bit and took a piece of like 1500wet/dry sand paper with new brake fluid on it and lightly sanded the piston . Then cleaned it all up with brake parts cleaner flushed the entire system put it all back together and filled the system back with fluid. Works like new now. Very similiar to how you rebuilt a drum brake on older model cars.

Comment

My GS400 had the same problem with the brakes. The brake pads were worn down more at the front than the back so they were getting stuck after using them. I think it would be wise to take the piston out and clean it as well as sand the pads flat.

If your engine has an oil pressure sender it should be in the area of the points timing cover. See if there are some unused wires coming out of there. Does the bike still have it's origional instruments?

Where are you living? www.horizonsunlimited.com can be used to find a trustworthy mechanic.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X