Saddlebags for 78 550E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddlebags for 78 550E

Hi all I need some help finding some saddle bags for my 1978 GS550 E any feed bak is welcomed. Where to buy and where to get brackets that will fit. Thanks Steve

There was some discussion on here about this. Some people go with soft luggage. They seem happy with them.
    That discussion is what lead me to my Nelson Rigg Tank Bag. I couldn't be happier.

Check these out.

Easy mounting too.

Here is a review on the GSR.

Comment

Thanks Dave these are tank bag?? and hang over the tank.is that correct??

Comment

TourMaster has some nice sportbike bags that I'm running on my GS550E.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddragon774
          Thanks Dave these are tank bag?? and hang over the tank.is that correct??
          Sorry to confuse you.
          NO these are saddle bags that I think mount UNDER the seat and hang over like regular saddle bags. Someone who has them can fill us in on how they mount.

What I was talking about was that there was a thread about Luggage and someone looking for saddle bags. I hijacked the thread and was looking for a tank bag. That's what I got. I may get these saddle bags some day. For now though, I'm all set.

Good Luck and let us know what you end up doing. The info from people who get these things is very valuable to the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete's GS
            TourMaster has some nice sportbike bags that I'm running on my GS550E.
            Thanks do you have a site where I can see a pic, what kinda supports does it need, and what do they mount to?

Comment

The Nelson Rigg setup that Dave referred you to are indeed saddlebags. They can go over or under your seat. I mount mine over so that I can attach my tail bag to them.

I also have a set of Motopak GTS-90 bags. They mount the same way and I like them as much as the Nelson Rigg. They are very affordable and the company is great to deal with.

Here is a photo of each set on my bike.

Nelson Rigg

Motopak

Comment

Working...
              X