Oil Leak on 83 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, for once, someone has the same problem as I do. 8O 8O :x :x
    My 83 1100E developed a leak in the same area, back in November while riding in Florida traffic.
    I will have to give the upside down bolt a snug to see if that helps.
    Suzi is outside right now getting some sun after being in the shed all winter.
    15 more days till spring 8) 8) 8)
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I found that on my 81 the valve cover gasket in that area (the little bump at the cam chain tunnel) would degrade more in that specific spot faster than the rest of the gasket. I could pull off the gasket from all around the valve cover by hand except for that spot. I had to scrape it like mad. Maybe it heats up and cools faster than the rest of the head? I don't know, all I can say to both you guys is that I never had much luck just tightening down that bolt. I'm afraid it's new VC gasket time.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I too have ordered a gasket from Real Gaskets. It sounds like a few of you have had some problems with the screws backing off due to the low torque values. How did you cure the problem...locktite?

Kind regards...Craig

Comment

Working...
        X