brake caliper thread size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake caliper thread size

hi all,i have drilled out a bleed nipple on the rear caliper leaving just the thinnest bit of thread. i need to tap it out but dont know the tap size. i know i will be able to take a nipple to get matched but because of the awkward thread size,that could be a tedious task. someone out there will have encountered this dilemma. as allways your help is invaluable. :?

Tell me what was the drill size?

Comment

i can se where you are comeing from Eliseo, thing is,i used a 6mm wich is too small as i did not want to damage the threads. the pitch size matters as well as it is odd!. one of my pals has tapped his and is going to dig his tap out to advise me. thanks for your reply :?

Comment

I'm almost positive it's an 7x1.0mm pitch, but better wait if anyone else knows before you run a cutter into it.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Yep, I just measured one and it is 7x1.0mm

Comment

6 MM is the correct drill size for an 7x1.0mm pitch tread.

Good luck.

Comment

thanks lads, gonna add that one to my collection. great to get it sorted as calipers are hard to find in the uk and when they are on ebay they make silly money cos they are $120 plus tax at breakers.

Comment

matbrodog Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:54 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks lads, gonna add that one to my collection. great to get it sorted as calipers are hard to find in the uk and when they are on ebay they make silly money cos they are $120 plus tax at breakers.
                You gotta be kidding me... I got a running bike for less than that!
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Jethro Jethro Jethro!!! you dont know your born out in the U S OF A. when we voted George W's best pal into power,we did not realize he was a dyslexic modern day robin hood! Mr Blairwitch gets confused and robs the poor to give to the rich!. if we in good old Britian breathe near a speed camera it is a minimum $120 fine and 3 marks on your license, 12 marks and bye bye Suzuki for 6months minimum. mind you, with gas at approx $1.80 per litre,i cant afford to do a lot of miles or my understanding,gorgeous,sexy wife will have one of her anti GS turns and insert a Harris 4-1 where the sun dont shine.......sideways. on a serious note tho, some guys take the p***. one breaker can do me a set of slotted discs for $100 wheras another wants $160 for 2Xfront (plain that are drilled,yuk) and $60 for a rear plain one.

cheers
                  Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X