brake fluid flush - process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake fluid flush - process?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I replaced all the original brake lines with stainless ones, and cleaned the caliper and master cylinder out up front. The old brakes sucked so i'm hoping to fix things.

I have all the banjo's tight, and I filled the MC up with fluid and with the bleed-off tight or loose (open/closed) I can't get the fluid level in the MC to drop.

What's the best way to get the fluid moving?!

Hope my MC isn't bad...

~Adam

Quick resolution figured out by me.

I took the banjo off the caliper and it was wet with fluid. I pumped the MC a few and it was pushing fluid through pretty good.

I hooked it up again, pumped the MC a bunch, held it in, bled the bleeder. PSSSS. repeat...PSSSS. repeat....tight brake lever!

Bleeding out the air now.

Comment

mmm...both brakes nice and tight...air free. going riding tomorrow!

Comment

Glad to see you got it working. I had to rebuild both my front and rear calipers last season and at this time they are still work great. If you have any problems let me know and I will see if I can help.

See you in June!!!
        The Beast :twisted:

Comment

Bleed from the top down whenever the system is totally dry like that. You would never get the fluid moving if you didn't crack the banjo at the MC....

Don't forget to change your brake fluid at least yearly to prevent nastiness...

Comment

Working...
          X