new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new owner

I have a 80 1000g like alot. mostly original. had to replace the stator, got 1 from Custom Rewinders for $65. also, i`m 5'6" tall and it was kinda tall, so i cut about an inch and a half off of the rear springs, so i dont fall over on uneven ground. Also got a new battery and had to replace the o-rings on the carb inlet needle seats.(leaking) still got work to do, but as long as it runs, I`M RIDING!! it does run pretty good for 68,000 miles and 25 yrs. I wanted a newer cruiser but after a year of riding this one, i`m not sure any new bike is going to perform and be as comfortable as this one. just thought i`d put in my 2 cents.

Welcome to the boards, lots of useful info and pretty decent people here. My bike would stiff be a pile of parts if it wasn't for this site.

Comment

68,000 miles, huh? You'll be through the break in period soon!

Welcome. I too would have a pile of parts if not for the crazies on this site.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Welcome friend!

check out http://www.cycleorings.com/

if you need o-rings for your carbs

poot[/img]

Comment

good to hear that everyone can help here. I am trying to ressurect my '77 gs750. And I will die before I scrap this bike, it would be a crime considering it has less than 20k on it. Seriously I hope you guys can help me turn my pile of parts into a bike.

Comment

[quote="sagent"]good to hear that everyone can help here. I am trying to ressurect my '77 gs750. And I will die before I scrap this bike, it would be a crime considering it has less than 20k on it. Seriously I hope you guys can help me turn my pile of parts into a bike.[/quote]

The GSR guru's can help fix anything

Welcome aboard the GSR

Comment

Sagent, when youre on your death bead, dont forget to PM me about how much youll let that beauty go for!

Comment

Working...
              X